My Mom and I headed down to San Diego for the weekend. We went there for Alex Preciado's wedding. Andrea flew in to join us for a girl's weekend and to help watch the kids while my mom and I attended the wedding. I love that my girls are really starting to play together. While I was trying to get ready on Thursday morning to leave, Abby wanted to put lotion on. Liv came running up clapping. Liv can't do the sign for "more," she claps instead. This has become her universal sign for "more," "I want it," "yes"....basically if she wants something she claps. Abby was so sweet and said, "Come on Liv, sit down." Liv squatted.... Abby said, "Sit all the way down." She did and Abby helped her put lotion on.
Our first adventure was Lego Land! They had lots of rides for Abby. She was a little scared at first but once she got going she wanted to go on everything.
She even did the Volvo drivers training course. I thought she would do great but she didn't even make it around once and they were constantly having to get her going in the right direction. She wasn't getting the steering part. She had a blast though and came out running with excitement when they gave her a drivers licence. Theres a scary thought!
There were a couple of areas in the park with water. This is where Liv was able to get out and have fun herself. She has been so much fun to watch lately. She is learning more and more every day. Her latest tricks are saying and waving "Bye," shakeing her head "Yes" and "No," saying "yea," and giving kisses. She is also very stubborn. There were very steep stairs in our hotel room and no matter how much we worked with her on how to go down them she would still try to walk straight down. Even falling a few times didn't stop her. Like Abby she is also a screamer. Unlike Abby she doesn't seem to care when she gets in trouble for it and I don't see her stopping soon. Oh well, I'm going to stay strong and hope she gives up the fight sooner rather than later!
Abby really wanted to get her face painted. It just so happened that when we headed over to Castle Hill for the Princess "meet and greet" there was also face painting. She got the Princess dress, wand, and face painting just in time to meet Princess Lilly.
Abby was mesmerized by Princess Lilly. She had all sorts of questions for her:
Where's your Prince?
Where's the Queen?
Where do you live?
When she finished questioning her, all she wanted to do was sit and stare at her. I really think its time to take her to Disneyland where there are lots of Princesses.
Liv even got into the princess thing with her tutu!
Saturday we went to the Sealing in the morning and shopped away the afternoon. Sunday after getting all packed and ready to go we took the kids to a park right next to the bay and let the girls burn off some energy. Then we went to Historic down town San Diego for some Mexican food, dropped Andy off at the airport and headed home. It was a long and exhausting trip but very fun. Thanks Mom!



No comments:
Post a Comment