Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Things Abby Says.....

Since moving to Riverbank we have had a few new babysitters. Elizabeth is one of our favorites. Well, about the second or third time she babysat for us she told me this story... I must first tell you, Elizabeth is Hispanic.

Abby: Why are you so dark?
Elizabeth: Because I go out in the sun all the time.
Abby: If I go out in the sun will I get dark?
Elizabeth: Well not as dark as me.
Abby: Why?
Elizabeth: Well, because I'm Mexican.
Abby: So, if I go out in the sun will I be a Mexican?


There is a Red Robin right by our house and this has become one of Abby's favorites. On our trip to San Diego we were walking out of the mall and Abby spotted a Red Robin.

Abby: Theres a Red Robin
Me: Yea
Abby: How does San Diego know about Red Robin
Me: They just do
Abby: That is so great that San Diego gets to have a Red Robin just like me!


When every Boom Boom Pow is on the radio or some ones says Boom Boom Pow Abby comes back with:
"That chick is jockin' my style"
Even though the lyrics are:
"Them chickens jackin' my style

I have been trying to give Abby choices and teach her to make good choices. So one of her daily says is:
"Is that a good choice mommy?"

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

She makes me laugh!! what a character. I cannot wait to have conversations like that with Avery.